Sunday 7 December 2014

Pre-wedding photoshoots

Included in my wedding photography package is a pre-wedding photoshoot, also known as an engagement photoshoot. It's entirely optional and I include it as a free extra for all couples as I understand that some people are keen on the idea and for some people it's just not their cup of tea, which is fair enough! I thought I would write this little blog post to explain some of the reasons why a pre-wedding photoshoot can be a good idea and show some examples of previous shoots I have done...so, thanks for reading!


Firstly, I completely understand that some people don't like having their photographs taken (myself included!) and that's why a pre-wedding photoshoot can be a great idea for anyone who feels like this. Having your photo taken professionally before the big day can help you feel more comfortable in front of the camera and more at ease when you're posing for photos on your wedding day. Although my style of wedding photography is more natural and relaxed, there are some posed photographs to be taken on the day for group photos etc, although I do try to keep these to a minimum!


Pre-wedding shoots can take place anywhere you like, indoors or outdoors, and I really recommend using your wedding venue as a backdrop. By having your pre-wedding shoot at your venue it gives us a great chance to get to know the place better and scout out some great spots for photographs on the big day. I always have a visit to the venue ahead of your wedding anyway so that I can check the place out, but by visiting the venue together we can find all the great photo locations and come up with some ideas together for on the day.


Pre-wedding photoshoots are a great way of me getting to know you - it's a pretty simple reason really! We'll obviously be meeting ahead of the wedding anyway to discuss the important details of the day and come up with the all important shot list, but by working together on a photoshoot ahead of the wedding it gives me a chance to know you and your other half and your style even better.


 As well as giving me chance to get to know you a bit better, having me take your photographs ahead of the wedding also gives you a chance to get to know me. As your wedding photographer I will be spending a lot of time with you on your wedding day (I do like to stay out of the way at a wedding whilst taking photographs in an unobtrusive style as I don't want to disrupt the day in any way, but there will be times when I will need to direct you and / or your guests for certain photographs) so it's always a benefit when the bride and groom feel like they know me and feel comfortable around me. As I'll be there for the majority of the day, it's always a good thing when the bride or groom feels comfortable with asking me to help out with tasks (for example I'm getting good at pinning button holes, picking confetti out of hair and helping guests find the loo!)


And finally, another reason for having a pre-wedding photoshoot is you'll have some great photographs of you and your partner ahead of your wedding. Of course we'll get a ton of great photos on your wedding day, but the pre-wedding shoot gives you a chance to get some photographs for you that you could use on your invitations, save the date cards or decorations for the actual wedding.

So, if you have booked me for photographing your wedding, why not book in for your pre-wedding shoot!

I hope you've enjoyed reading the above, please send me an email if you have any questions or would like more information on my wedding photography package.

Thanks,

Hayley x

hayleycox7689@sky.com
www.hayleycoxphotography.co.uk
www.facebook.com/hayleycoxphotography





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...